Intervention - We offer a wide range of focused interventions for a variety of academic, behavioral, and socio-emotional needs. For example:
- Tic Disorders/Tourette's Disorder: We offer Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT) for treatment of persistent tic disorders, including Tourette's Disorder. The intervention typically requires 12 weeks of sessions to reduce frequency, severity, and impact from tics.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: We use ERP and ACT for treatment of OCD. Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) therapy has proven effective for reducing severity and impact from compulsive behaviors, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) has proven effective for reducing the impact and distress associated with obsessive thoughts.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: We offer multiple approaches to addressing concerns with ADHD, including training organizational, time-management, and attending skills, developing coping strategies to reduce the impact from ADHD, and using self-monitoring training to improve the ability to attend during class (or in similar environments).
- Learning Disabilities: We target learning disabilities (such as Dyslexia/Reading, Dysgraphia/Writing, and Dyscalculia/Math) by addressing the underlying processing deficit and training effective coping strategies.
- Social Skills: We provide social skills training through a variety of approaches, including one-on-one sessions, groups, and parent consultation. We offer social skills groups in collaboration with ABA Interventions, for a variety of ages to address difficulties with peer relationships. Difficulties with social skills may arise for a variety of reasons, including difficulties associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, or emotional concerns.